Bridge to 10K

Trying to dodge the IC

Frankly, I was amazed that I managed to complete C25K without any knee problems - having always had knee problems in the past. Now, however, my knee has started to protest. I'm sure it's down to poor form - I think my hips are unbalanced and have a collapsed arch on my left foot and I'm hoping it can be fixed. Didn't do my Parkrun yestereday morning :-(

Seeing a sports injury lady tomorrow who has also recommended Kinetic Revolution for some good stretches and strengthening exercises - desperately hoping I can get on top of this.

9 Replies
oldestnewest

I hope you can get it fixed. My understanding is that we are all unbalanced in some way :D in that no one is ever symmetrical. Building up the muscles is a way to help us cope, but it's a question of which muscles and how, so the KR series is a good start. I hope your sports injury lady can help.

1 like

Me too. When I can't run I get tetchy and fidgety!

1 like

Here’s hoping you’re ok & it’s nothing to put the brakes on your running journey RebeccaSK

I now have rocktape all over my left leg. Unstable pelvis and weak core causing the problem.

1 like

Oh no...?? Deffo the IC for you for a bit then??? xx

Actually, no. The pain has completely gone after being poked and proded and as long as I walk if I need to, I'm allowed to do parkrun this weekend - I'm doing a different one as I have something else on that day and it's almost entirely flat - so nowhere near as bad for my hip etc.

1 like

Oh good...nice and steady though missy x

We all do hope your knees get better.

1 like

You may also like...