Bridge to 10K

Boom! Broken the 30min barrier for a Parkrun!

Whilst on a camping trip last week I decided to partake in a spot of tourist Parkrun at Fountains Abbey. I knew it was a flattish course compared to Lyme Park so was expecting a time to be better than 33mins but overjoyed that I completed it in 29m 22secs and ticked off a milestone in breaking the 30min barrier \o/. I was at my limit at the end so I didn't leave anything out on the course and my 4 year old, (bless him), asked me if I'd won! I said not the race but I beat myself which all that matters.

Now to chip away at my new PB now to see if I am able to get it down to 28mins and lower!

A link to the Relive of the run. relive.cc/view/1084067830

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Thats great! congratulations! bet it was nice running there, visited a few years back :)

1 like

Thanks! Yes its a great place to run with the ruins of the old abbey and the gardens in the back ground. One of my favourite NT places that I've visited

1 like

Woohoo 🙌

1 like

Thanks!

1 like

Well done! That's one of my goals as well, so far I'm close but no cigar.

1 like

Cheers! I'm sure you'll achieve that soon

1 like

I haven't seen the Parkrun route, but Fountains Abbey is gorgeous, maybe that helped as well :)

Congratulations with the PB, that's a brilliant time!

1 like

Thanks!

Well done, not quite there myself yet but not far off :)

1 like

Wow, brilliant! A speedy runner in the making!

1 like

Ha ha I doubt it after seeing the whippets run it in around 18mins or thereabouts

Well done! That's a great milestone to tick off :-)

1 like

Cheers! Now to work on breaking the hour for a 10k

You may also like...