My Bath Half race number arrived this morning...๐Ÿ˜‚

I excitedly removed it from the envelope and held it proudly to my chest to show my two sons, who were having breakfast at the time, saying something along the lines of "Ta da! It's here!" They both looked at me slightly quizzically before saying... "Paul? Who's Paul?"

Yes, the good old organisers had sent me the wrong race number by mistake! We all had a good old laugh about it whilst wondering if maybe "Paul" could run in my number and get me a faster time?? ๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited by

20 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Oh dear, never mind there might be a bonus side to it, you might starting off with the elites! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• I would be flattened in the stampede I think, Frank!๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• You could always slide into the slip stream and get pulled along! ๐Ÿ˜†

• Ha Sandra! Or is it Paul from now on??

Gra๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ˜„

• ...think I'll stick with Sandra, thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

• They expect people to dress up? Maybe "Paul" wears a 3 piece and bowler hat ;)

• Oh dear! that killed the excitement but at least your sons showed an interest!! Hope you get your proper number soon x :)

• Oops!

• Noooo! I hope there's time to get it changed? When is the race?

At least you can have a giggle about it. Meanwhile, I wonder how Paul is feeling? Is he concerned that he won't be able to do your number justice? Is he fretting to his friends and family about Sandra's super-speedy time? Oh, the angst! :D

• Haha! Lots of time to change it Annie, the race isn't until March so will hopefully be correctly labelled on the day!๐Ÿ™‚

• Haha Sandra! I think you might get rumbled that you're not a guy ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Eek! It's so exciting ! ๐Ÿ˜„ PAul! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Ah, what happens there Sandra? Ask them to resend your number & chip? Or just cross out the name?๐Ÿ˜Š

• No, I have to return it because I was also sent "Paul's" timing chip!

• Ha, ha - hope it gets sorted out .

• Bunters!

Could it be aliboo70 's brother Paul.. he is fast... :) ( Not that you are not :))

Exciting though :)

• Ha ha !

I bet Paul got more of a surprise when he opened his race pack and his said " Sandra " :-)

Oooh Sandra , its so exciting isn't it getting your race pack ( even though its in the wrong name ) :-) xxx

• It is, Poppy!๐Ÿ˜Šx

• I got mine for Bath Half today! I'm number 14830........let me knmow your number when you get it Paul! I'll look out for you!

• So excited! I know my number because it was on the envelope! (10355) Just didn't match what was inside...!

Yours sincerely,

Paul ๐Ÿ˜‰

You may also like...