Will I crack the 100 km in December?

Runkeeper is telling me I've run 96.6 km in December. With 2 days to go my target of 100 k this month is looking good and on Saturday I hope to polish off the final 3.4 km. It won't be much more because I want to run on New Years Day aswell, if only for symbolic reasons, and I don't think I'm ready for too much streaking yet!

100 km in a month is a lot (for me anyway) and I don't think I'll be able to keep it up in 2017, but now and then I'll go for it. The good thing is I've got back into solid non-stop 5ks, not particularly fast but not over-tiring either. So far my standard distance has been more like 4k, but I've extended my route a bit and a change of route definitely helps keep the gremlins at bay. And I've run home from work a couple of times (about 9k) - very slowly (I blame the traffic lights!). I haven't decided whether I'm an evening runner though and I don't know whether I will build that run into my routine. There's a lot of faffage involved and emerging from the toilets in my full running gear is still a bit nerve-racking - even though there's hardly anyone around at the moment. Plus running after a full day's work is a bit tiring.

With only one more run in 2016 I'm wondering what 2017 will bring? Happy running everyone😎

14 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Brilliant achievement, go finish that terrific 100k. So impressive!

• Brilliant achievement! Well done..and good luck with whatever goals you set in 2017!πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈ

• That's really impressive, well done πŸ˜€.

• Brilliant! I ran 100k in November but had to cut down to 90k in December as I realised I had ramped up the milage too fast. Aiming for 100k again in January though! 2017 will be a great running year.

• Yes, I read your post and the advice your trainer gave. It's part of the reason I might not be doing this every month as it is quite tough and means doing a fair bit of planning and probably sometimes overdoing it a bit. But we'll see!

• Gosh - well done!

• Fantastic Jaysee !

That is such a brilliant achievement. I totally get you with the faffidge- what a palaver !

Well done ! :-) xxx

• That's brilliant Jaysee I often don't even manage 70k in a month. Enjoy your last 3.4k. Do you mind sharing the sympbolic reason for running on new years day? Is it just a new years resolution thing?

• Basically "start the New Year as you mean to go on". I want to continue running - even on days when I may be slightly hung-over, so I might as well start now. Last year I went for a good long walk and it felt great!

• Wow... you are amazing. It makes me feel positively lazy!

Go you!

• Ha, ha Oldfloss and lazy - that's a contradiction in terms!

• That's fab!

• Well done! Go for it JaySee! You'll smash it! But yes 100km is a lot to keep up, 60-70 Kms is usually enough isn't it..😊

• Wow well done - you have inspired me - I WILL run on New Year's Day, no doubt with a hangover, but I agree it's a great motivational start to 2017 πŸΈπŸ˜‚

You may also like...