Doctor or hospital ? (during chemotherapy)

Dear all,

My mother has to undergo adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer. We are planning to take treatment from Fortis Memorial Research Institute -- FMRI Gurgaon.

The treatment will be under Dr. Vinod Raina sir. (I think everybody knows him in the field of medical oncology- he is quite famous and well reputed in delhi circle).

Some reviews about FMRI Gurgaon are negative as per internet search (regarding nursing staff). I am afraid of secondary infections / other complications due to poor nursing staff.

There are other much more reputed hospitals for cancer treatment in Delhi

I am confused -- what to choose -- a reputed doctor or a reputed hospital ? How is the reputation of FMRI GURGAON ?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am also having chemotherapy for breast cancer. I faced same situation. Don't trust on Internet review. Some people may have issue with staff. I take my treatment in Hinduja hospital at Mumbai.

• The staff is also equally important. Don't only go for big hospitals. My sister had severe problems while giving chemo thro' veins. Though the Doctor & Hospital was very reputed - the staff was careless.

• Thank you so much kontak and paragdoshi. .... We have started treatment at FMRI Gurgaon. ...

• I found FMRI nursing staff to be very good....

You may also like...