Out Of Hospital !!

Hi Everyone , I was released from hospital yesterday after spending 5 days there , I can not believe the change from when i first got admitted .I feel some much better no coughing or shortness of breath , will be back to work on monday . The Doctors have said i still have possibly two infections from the pluracy and pneumonia , and they have stopped giving me steroids so the fluid can now build up on my left lung , in a week or two they will send me for another CT scan and X-rays to make sure the fluid has returned , then they can do a plural effusion biopsy and take some fluid off for testing ! then start my treatment properly and finally after three and half months may be have a chance of clearing my infection .They have taken me off both my inhalers , and put me on diclofenic and paracetomol . which has stopped the pain and breathlessness .

Thank you all so much, so pleased i found this site it has been so helpful , and only hope my little blog will help some one else who has the same problems . Thank you as well for all the well wishes . would have replied in hospital but found it hard on my I-phone , much better replying from laptop.

Take Care everyone hope you are all feeling well , or getting the treatment you need xx

best wishes Mike.

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds really positive news. Hope you continue to improve. Yes this is a really good web site. Pleased I found it myself!

• So glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you have a positive treatment plan. Good luck with work! TAD xx

• Sounds good to me but don't rush it, look after yourself.

polly

• So happy your feeling better, take care. xxx

• Really pleased you are feeling better and out of 5* Mike

Love C xxx

• I'm glad they are getting you sorted out and hope you continue to improve. x

• good news, Take care x

• now that sounds great mf, really pleased your feeling better xxx

• Take care and keep improving.

Libby x

• Glad you are feeling lots better, take care :) x

• Good to hear you've been 'released' mfdj :) and fingers crossed for the outcome of the upcoming tests x

• Take it easy, don't be doing too much too soon. Glad your out of the madhouse!! xx

• Thats great so glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself :)

• Interesting to know that since being taken off Inhalers, your breathlessness has benefited. I'm Convinced that the Powder type inhalers ( I've had 4 different ones ) have made my breathlessnes WORSE ! I've now refused to use them any more! Doctors are sceptical, but they aren't the ones who are suffering. I'm still on 2 Aerosol type inhalers , but again not convinced they achieve anything. Which type of Inhaler were you prescribed?

It was yesterday I came across this site - so glad I did. Good to read about COPD from the sufferer's viewpoint.

Best to all - Phil

• Hi Exsmoker , i was on the blue one and brown one , sorry don't know the names of them only had them a short time ..

• So pleased for you getting out of hospital and feeling miles better! hope you continue to feel on the up! :) x

• Great news that you are home.

You may also like...