Does anyone have my symptoms
1. No constipation
2. No bleeding
3. Discomfort in anus on waking after lying on bottom.
4. Discomfort in anus when sitting
5. Greatly improved when upright and mobile.
6. Proctogram showed prolapse in all 3 departments.
However conflicting advice/ within limits/ possible high grade Intussusception which appears not to acknowledged in many hospitals.
7. Banding of tissue advised by one consultant and then retracted as another specialist thought this was possibly more of a prolapse issue.
8. Conflicting advice gynaecological and colorectal.
Have been offered
Hysterectomy and anterior repair but my symptoms are not worse at the end of the day. I do not have prolapse pain or dragging. Have also been offered Ventral rectopexy.
I have anal discomfort which I am begging to think may well be helped with some banding sessions, albeit I realise could be very painful but may be better than contemplating full blown surgery.
I am beginning to think banding is worth a go prior to a surgery. I do not have pudendal nerve pain.
Any advice would be most welcome as the specialists do not always get it right.