Log in
Arthritis Action
4,435 members1,181 posts

Back arthritis

I have back arthritis and the spine has fused and tilted at the bottom. My main issue is that my left hip is affected in extreme pain., it is like something is digging into the back of the hip and seizing me up, preventing walking and moving etc. The doctor will not refer me to anyone only the physiotherapist. Should I insist on being referred she says that they cannot do anything for the back is this correct? I am only able to get an assessment for the physiotherapist in September which seems a long way away.

1 Reply

Thank you for your message quartzy and welcome to the group. We are sorry to hear of your experience. We would recommend physical therapy to look at how to help gain movement back- although we know that September is a long way away for daily pain. We do have factsheets and exercise sheets on our website, available to download/print, if that's helpful at all: arthritisaction.org.uk/livi... and we also offer 2 subsidized appointments- a year - with a physical therapist near you, to all our Members - so perhaps you want to have a look at this as a stop-gap until your appointment? arthritisaction.org.uk/what...

We wish you all the best,

Arthritis Action Communiocations Team


You may also like...