Anxiety Support
33,860 members38,093 posts

Does anyone feel increase in anxiety after reading about celebrity with some illness that you fear?

I have been so scared that my vertigo and subsequent and subsequent dizziness is symptom of something bad. I have been trying to desensitize myself to my fear, by not seeking reassurance about my symptoms and listening to recording of what I am afraid of. I started feeling little better. Then boom, I read about that Enews correspond that had tumor and I am paralyzed by fear all over again. Now, I am afraid to speak for fear I will slur my words. I hate my anxiety! I feel like crying, I am so beaten down.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes !!!! I seen that today and almost shit myself! I was like oh shhhhhhh I've been lightheaded for over a month. I totally understand. And i'm also worried that I'll develop some of her other symptoms as well

Me too! I am so much dizzier now that I read that. I swear if I speak and get hung up on word my anxiety soars. I hate it. Thanks for making me feel less alone.

1 like

Your not alone! Trust me . I have the same thoughts you are having.

1 like

OMG YES!!! Whenever I read about young celebrities dying suddenly, especially from like blood clots or a heart thing, I panic!! I think well they had access to any doctor in the world and they died so I am going to, its awful.

1 like

You may also like...