vocal tics?/ anxiety/gag reflex

Hi, so this started two years ago for me. Whenever i would get stressed, too excited, sing or play a sport i would start to gag. I would stop that urge to gag by doing what i think is a vocal tic that you can of course hear me doing. This totally ruined my life because singing and sports were always a big part of my life. I can´t even go to the club because just going stresses me out and if i try to sing or dance i start gagging. I have seen a few similar posts like this where people have written that they were on medication and i should probably start taking something to calm my nerves so i could control this better. But i wanted to ask if anyone went to a psychiatrist or neuropsychiatrist for help to actually cure the problem and if it worked. This appeared first when i was a kid, then it went away and now it came back. I don´t wanna just take medication, i wan´t this gone and go back to my life. So i just wanna know if it´s possible to cure this connection between anxiety and gagging/tic and get rid of it for good.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...