First day of meds

so today I saw my doctor and asked for help with my depression, anxiety and trichotillomania. I couldn't start another year in the same way I have since I was a child, I know I deserve better.

I have been prescribed sertraline and have just taken my first dose. I was also advised to use the web to connect with others who may be in a similar position as I find it difficult to talk with people I know about how I feel.

anyway, here I am.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi. I did something very similar about 6 months ago & I was prescribed sertraline 👍too.

It has helped me. I am finding the energy to cope

I'm also possibly finding a new diagnosis (not confirmed yet so not ready to write it down) hopefully this will be a good thing.

Good luck. I do believe the saying 'if you keep doing the same thing, you will keep getting the same results (or something like that!)'.

So, you are trying something new - that's so good and I wish you the best

• Give meds a chance, sometimes it can take 3/4 weeks for full effect...but hope you feel a little better each day.....you are doing the right thing..best wishes

You may also like...