Since my anxiety I've been afraid to drink alcohol? I haven't had a proper drink in weeks, and when I do I think the worse is gong to happen to me, silly I know but it's how I feel, me and my husband are going Cuba next month to an all inclusive 2 weeks in Cuba, and I'm scared of avin any alcohol and it spoiling my lovely honeymoon,does anybody else get this or had this?i don't want to get legless, I'm not a big drinker anyway but a couple of cocktails is enough for me and Im scared of avin that, everytime I think about it my anxiety comes through :( please help xxxx

5 Replies

• Hi Melanie, I quit drinking for that reason and haven't touched a drink since.

• You're fearing something though, try to figure out what it is you fear about the drinking. Don't worry things will get better, just know you're not alone in how you feel.

• Me too, ive quit drinking and even smoking. I did have some beers over some milestones or achievements and it felt okay I guess . I'm saying okay is because my fear of having more migraine and vision changes, to which is ever evolving anyways

• This is what's baffling me,I'm not sure if it's because I haven't had a drink for so long since my anxiety I'm abit worried on how it's going to make me feel. Also before I had anxiety I realised that I was drinkin less n less, when I was going out it was as if I was going off alcohol ( which isn't like me) n now I'm scared of touching the stuff. I don't want this anxiety taking over more of my life as it already is x

• DON'T mix your drinks lol .. it's been 3 days and my anxiety is so bad and am still do dehydrated it's the last hen nytI'll be at lol n e one else experience this ? ... I normally have a glass of wine or a couple 😂 half of it with water and u won't get a hangover ur still hydrating urself .. hope that helps x

You may also like...