no more therapy for me : No more... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

53,617 members54,147 posts

no more therapy for me

Hb2003
Hb2003

No more therapy for me due to “the lack of communication”

I missed one session without telling her the explanation I forgot that I had therapy on that day my mon was sick and she couldn’t reply to my therapist . I am so mad at myself that I had to eat a ice cream sandwich to calm myself down 😂😂 yes eating a ice cream sandwich is calming for me . sorry for my venting also to clarify something i have missed multiple sessions due to school work and family stuff. I should have texted her back and told her i forgot so i take the blame

I am really sorry for the confusion

42 Replies
oldestnewest

People miss sessions sometimes. It shouldn't mean the end of therapy. Who says it's the end of therapy for you?

The therapist

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Hb2003

she stopped the sessions with me 😒 I don’t get why

You have a right to know why. Can you contact her?

my mon doesn’t want me too

Ummm....okayyy. Why?

Sorry to be blunt, but that triggered my a bit. Not your fault. I do need to go now, but I'll be back on later. Try and have a good day😊

I am sorry

she is shocked and mad

Why exactly?

Because she didnt know that that was going to happen

Oh, ok. So not at you. I thought she was mad at you. Well, that's good.

I don't know if this would hurt more than harm you, but I'll put it out there anyway: could your parents contact her?

After one missed session? Wow. I really don't know what to say. If it had been you or a family member or friend saying this I would know what to say, but wow. I was not expecting this. I'm so sorry.

it’s ok it happens honestly I always tell my therapist that I sometimes am busy but last time I didn’t give her a explanation which is on me

Wow, I am impressed! You are being honest and that is really impressive! I know that my therapist appreciates when I admit "on me's". I would think that she would give you another chance (especially seeing as this was your first time missing an appointment). It happens.

it does happen

I missed a few sessions with explanations but last time I just forgot

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Hb2003

If you're missing sessions with or without explanations she's assuming you're not interested. Are you interested in therapy? That's like someone continuing to cancel or no show to say hair appointments. The hairdresser sets aside time for you turning other's away. At some point she won't schedule you. That goes with any career. There is paperwork you sign when you begin therapy. You might want to review it because it will cover this issue.

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Luna_Child

Well i was interested but it really didn’t help that much like all we did was talk about our days nothing else no coping strategies nothing

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Hb2003

Video sessions dont help at all because I don’t have the resources that i need before COVID it was good

Luna_Child

We all have to do telehealth or video because there's a chance we could catch covid. You could wait until covid vaccines are given

Hb2003

That’s true

Luna_Child

I used therapy finder.com plugged in my zip code and I found the best Therapist I ever had.

Luna_Child

Okay so the real issue is Therapy wasn't interesting enough for you to continue so you made excuses up to not attend which isn't the Therapist fault. How many sessions did you really attend? Are you interested in finding a different Therapist? Each Therapist has their own method of therapy and if it doesn't work for you it's your responsibility to communicate that it's not helping. It takes time to find a Therapist you click with. I did send you therapy finder.com which is part of Psychology Today. If you're interested in finding a new Therapist you put in your ZIP code. I get it you want more than just sitting talking you want activities to do and just tell the therapist that.

If you need help I'll help you just message me during the week when the offices are open.

Hb2003

Yes its my fault and yes i did make excuses and yes I take the blame i mostly attended all of them expect a few i feel embarrassed and a little bit upset about it

Luna_Child

Don't be embarrassed don't be upset it happens. When you meet with them tell them you learn best by doing activities as opposed to sitting and talking.

Hb2003

I used to have a very good therapist but then her manger told her that she cant do appointments with her clients for some reason she understood what i was going through and was serious

Luna_Child

I don't know what could've happened but you'll find another good one

do not mind, it is ok for ranting that is kind of the point of here, and also wow I can not believe that she would cut you off after 1 missed session. I agree you deserve to know why especially if it was only after 1 session.

I agree with MinnieMouse, missing a session shouldn't mean the end and it's not good.

In the UK therapist and client have to give an explanation, whether its on the thearapist side or yours,otherwise you cant tie threads together (metaphorically speaking) and move on---,not very good policy ,who is paying for this ,you presumably!

Didn't you say further in your post that you did miss several spots with your Therapist? Find a new Therapist on Therapy Finder.com. They do end if after so many you don't call or show. It's written in the agreement you sign in the beginning or your parents sign if you're underage.

It's like any other career. If you're a house cleaner and your client keeps cancelling there's money you're losing as a cleaner. These people have to pay bills.

If you missed lots of sessions the Therapist is thinking it's not a priority for you.

Was there something this Therapist you didn't feel comfortable about? Sometimes it takes a while to find a good one. Therapy finder.com is part of Psychology Today magazine. They are all verified. Just put in your zip code and start looking.

If you need any help message me. I found mine there. 🤗. I adore her.

LC🌛

Xx

Hidden
Hidden

I am so sorry. But proud of you for being very patient and so honest. Wish the therapist had not done that. Have a good day!

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Hidden

Thanks i would rather tell the truth than lie

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Hb2003

Me too! 🤗😇

staypositive112
staypositive112 in reply to Hidden

what is ur pfp?? is that ur cat? OMG CUZ IT LITERALLY LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MY CAT IM SO CONFUSED LOL

Hidden
Hidden in reply to staypositive112

That is my cat. 😺 Sorry, what does pfp mean? Cats are great!

staypositive112

profile pic and thats crazyyyy because that looks exactly like my cat😹😹

Hidden
Hidden

That warms my heart! My cat passed away few years ago. It might be his twin. 😻😸

staypositive112

haha maybe, i would send a pic of my cat for u to see , but idk how

Hidden
Hidden

I haven't figured that out myself yet either. But that is ok. Just knowing is good. 😌

Have a good night's sleep.

You may also like...