I always feel like im going to die - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
37,076 members39,727 posts

I always feel like im going to die

softhearthealing
softhearthealing
6 Replies

Like each day is ticking for me to die. Imscared something bad may or may not happen to me!! Ik its my anxiety but I keep forgetting how to calm myself.

6 Replies
oldestnewest
1OshunDreamer

I do that too sometimes. I take the smallest does of Xanax when it happens so I can think clearly and remember to breathe. I haven't taken any in a long time, I feel better I know I always have it, just in case. I wish I could control my anxiety attack naturally but that's not always feasible for me.

Have you been diagnosed with anything in particular? Do you take meds?

softhearthealing

I told my doctor i have anxiety and he believed me so he gave me some lexapro

1 like
1OshunDreamer

Have you started counseling? Do you journal? Talking helps.

softhearthealing

I see. Yeah.

1OshunDreamer

How long have you been on the lexapro

Nom-D-Ploom

You are going to die. So am I. So is everyone everywhere. It's how we die that matters. A song I like asks this, "Did I make a difference?" Not did I give away everything I own. Just, did I make a difference? Did I compliment someone who seems down? Did I spend an hour reading to learn about the God I claim to worship? Did I donate money to a cause that isn't well known?

I am an RN (disabled.) I have worked everything from ICU to Hospice. I have seen so many people die. Some go out screaming, some just slip away, but the ones who lived for others usually go peacefully.

We have a date to be born and a date to die. Being born too soon is not good. Neither is dying too soon.

I know the idea of a sleep that never ends is seductive, but maybe we can wait a bit, to see if we can make a difference?

2 likes

You may also like...