Anxiety?: Hi, I'm new here. I think I... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

55,790 members56,099 posts

Anxiety?

Murphy80
Murphy80

Hi, I'm new here. I think I may have high functioning anxiety, but I haven't been officially diagnosed. There are some events in my life that have caused some serious triggers. I can't stop my thoughts. I can't shut them up in my head, and I feel so hopeless at these times that I wish something terrible would happen to me. Like that I would get hit by a car so my misery would end. And then a few days later I'm fine. But even when I get this low, I can still do my job and get everything accomplished without a problem. I'm a yoga teacher, and I know that meditation is supposed to help, but it doesn't help me when I get like this. I don't know what to do, and no one in my life understands.

3 Replies

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with anxiety now. Is there anything that has worked in the past to reduce your anxiety? Do you know what triggers it? Have you tried therapy - it helped me soooo much with my anxiety. I've significantly reduced my episodes of anxiety. I'm aware of triggers and put things in perspective now.

Murphy80
Murphy80 in reply to SmilesLots

I have in the past seen a therapist but not for anxiety. I’m just realizing that I might be suffering from it but that is a good idea. Thank you for responding and listening.

SmilesLots
SmilesLots in reply to Murphy80

I hope you get relief soon.

You may also like...