Was very distressed yesterday when I received a call from Papworth Hospital telling me my Ablations scheduled for 16th. September have been postponed. My EP has a back problem requiring surgery and has cancelled all procedures for the immediate future. So things are delayed by at least 4 weeks and probably much longer. Only diagnosed in April with A. fib and flutter, but was having episodes on almost a daily basis. Medication with bisoprolol , flecainide and anticoagulants has been pretty effective in reducing frequency of attacks and life has become manageable, though feels as if it is on hold!!
Felt that the ablation procedures were the light at the end of a tunnel and now feeling worried that things are not under control. Will the delay compromise my long term health? Should I worry about being on the medication longer than previously anticipated? Feel frustrated and anxious because had been very positive about outcome and now in limbo!
All the best Pam