I've discovered that its hard for me to communicate what I want to say with people without ADHD. It's just that "the language" we use is different. So... I'm gonna throw some terms from ADHD-speak out there, and hopefully it'll resonate with people and spark up some conversations and new insights!
1) "An inexplicable urge to ride your bike around the neighborhood. At midnight."
If someone said they had this urge and acted on it, I'd immediately know they were ADHD. Things I have done at midnight or later -- DURING THE WORK WEEK:
- Baked a cake (for no occasion)
- Julienned a whole bag of carrots into exactly uniform sizes
- Rode my bike around various neighborhoods.
- Wrote a computer program to deal poker hands millions of times and count how many times each type of hand comes up (pair, flush, full-house, etc);
What are some thoughts or experiences you others of the tribe have had ???