I think I'm suffering from depression and anxiety and I'd really like to go to the doctors and see if I can get help. However, I'm under 18 and I don't want to get my mum involved with the doctors so I wasn't sure whether I can go or not. Can someone please help me out and tell me whether I can go or get any proper help like that? I'd really appreciate it, thank you.

5 Replies

  • First off I'll tell you that you don't need to feel like your the only one, it's good that you came to this thread to discuss this. I don't want you to feel as though it's embarrassing for your mum to know about what's happening, with that being said I personally think you should go to the doctors. The reason being is because you have someone professional to actually sit with you and talk about what's going on. I know what it feels like to suffer from depression trust me it's the worst and my advice I wouldn't want you to face it alone that's my best advice because there's times when you feel like no ones there, but really there is. If you don't feel comfortable with that, I'd recommend Samaritans, Google it I got told about it on there it's helpful. Don't give up man I hope you feel better

  • thank you, this helps a lot

  • Hi

    You don't say how much under 18 you are but there is such a thing as Patient Doctor confidentiality regardless of age. I If you are registered with a doctor then give them a call and see someone asp don't suffer in silence as it will only get worse. Just bite the bullet and give them a call.

  • thanks for that, i will

  • Please let us know how you get on as some one here will

    try to help, talking helps don't stay silent

You may also like...