Root cause of autoimmunity

Video for alessio fessaro you tube The gut is not like las vegas▶ 1:04:51

Nov 24, 2014 - Uploaded by TheIHMC

The intestinal epithelium is the largest mucosal surface providing an interface between the ..

I came across the above doctor's lecture and was stunned by this new research. Prednisone is truly a miracle drug but If its function is to turn off the immune system, It doesn't address what has gone wrong and how to fix it.

I apologize it's so long, but it was so interesting I ended up watching it twice.

5 Replies

• Thanks, good post. Believe the auto immunity is an important aspect we need to address.

• Will have to share this with John after the books he has been reading this last few weeks.

Thanks for sharing

Susan :-)

• This guy has an amazing and engaging way of putting across quite heavy medical scientific information in a most painless and enjoyable way. I recently sat through a lecture by a leading cell biologist talking about this and although it was interesting, it was soo technical & brain-numbing. The message here is fascinating and very meaningful. Don't be put off by the fact it is over an hour long, just settle down & enjoy it. Then get hold of a copy of "Missing Microbes" by Dr Martin Blaser who is a practising doctor and well known researcher into the microflora of the gut and a very senior adviser on Infectious diseases to the US Government. Like Alessio Fasano, he has the ability to put very stuffy information over in a very understandable way.

• Maybe a measure of intestinal permeability and hence GCA activity should be circulating levels of zonulin as Alessio Fasano states. They might give more critical information than ESR and CRP.

• What a Great lecturer with sense of humour and the time just flew .....will take your advice and get a copy of Missing Microbes too .....

You may also like...