Thyroid UK

Thank you

To Clutter , bantam , humanbean , you answered my question on Tuesday about numbness in my hand and face , and I did call the doctor who immediately called ambulance . I spent a couple of days in hospital , and scans and an Ultrasound revealed that I had indeed had a TIA . If I hadn't asked on here I would have ignored it as it disappeared after 30mins .

I need a further scan , and unfortunately am on a statin and a blood thinner , but was explained to me forcefully 😦 it's to save my life !

Thank you again Pp

16 Replies
oldestnewest

well done you for actually acknowledging the many good people here that not only help with thyroid problems , but other issues that come up as well ---- a little praise or acknowledgement goes far beyond actual words can say ----- but for the people here with the advise ,empathy and information where would most of us be ? in a far more darker place methinks ......... at least you are being treated correctly and properly for this issue now swiftly .....alan x

8 likes

Thank you alan . I really don't know where I would be without this site ! Ppl

2 likes

Hope you are feeling better soon-you are going to be ok, where would we be without our lovely TUK angels👼.xxx

2 likes

Thank you . I totally agree Pp

Great news that you are ok! Just one reason why this forum is an oasis in the desert.

3 likes

I fully agree . Thank you Ppl

I hope you've fully recovered from the TIA, with no residual symptoms, and I'm really glad you followed up on your symptoms. :)

Well done to your doctor as well for calling an ambulance for you, and for not telling you to go to A&E and just wait to be seen.

5 likes

The doctor said that humanbean, that he would get me straight onto a ward . It scared me that things froze again when I came out .lovely paramedic sorted out the fact that the pharmacy had ' run out ' of the medication and I hadn't started on anything Thank you Pp

1 like

So it has happened again since? :(

I'm sorry to hear it was a TIA but thank goodness you took action and are now being treated. I hope all goes well.

Xx

1 like

Thank you so much . I had to take notice when three of you said the same thing 😆 Pp

3 likes

Glad to hear you're ok and were seen to promptly. And completely agree with you about the wonderful people on this site! :)

1 like

Couldn't agree more ShinyB . Thanks for your good wishes ! Pp

1 like

Pinkpeony,

Glad you got help quickly. You must have been very frightened. I hope you'll be okay now.

Thank you as always Clutter ! Pp

How scary for you but so glad you are on the mend

You may also like...