Thyroid UK
87,814 members102,504 posts

Depression And Starting NDT

I am on my second attempt at taking NDT (TR Tman brand via internet). I started on a quarter of a grain on 20 January 2018. I have gradually raised as advised and I am now on 1 grain and going to raise to, either a quarter or a half (I’m not sure which right now) next weekend.

I have seen positive results in that I’ve lost a little (not enough) weight and my period returned (happy but not happy about that!).

My massive problem is that my depression has really returned and I could sleep forever. I am on 100mg of Sertraline and I am wondering if NDT can affect absorption or interfere with antidepressants? Please, if you can, help me as I’m not wanting to live again. I can’t continue in this vicious cycle of hypothyroidism/depression illness. My 41 years in this life has already been pointless and wasted. I just want to feel well, happy and to progress.

Many thanks x

1 Reply
oldestnewest

Can you add your most recent blood test results and ranges for TSH, FT3 and FT4 plus do you have high thyroid antibodies (this is Hashimoto's also called autoimmune thyroid disease)

Plus vitamin D, folate, ferritin and B12 test results if been done

You may also like...