Thyroid UK
87,610 members102,320 posts

Had Levothyroxine stopped a week ago

TPO antibodies 8100 (<34)

I am 31 years old, had Levothyroxine stopped a week ago for other investigations (baseline cortisol and short synacthen test and DHEA), was taking 150mcg diagnosed hypothyroid 2011, symptoms are sweating, insomnia, constipation, dry skin, tiredness, heavy periods, dry skin, goitre, headaches, diagnosed vit D deficient 2013, folate deficient 2016, vitamin B12 deficient 2017, iron deficient 2013 thank you

5 Replies
oldestnewest

And how long are you being expected to go without T4? If more than 1 week, this is totally unacceptable. Where does whoever plans for you to do this think that your essential thyroid supplement that controls your life is going to come from in the meantime? Thin air? There can be no investigation worthwhile that will make you ill in a new way, in a laughable attempt to find out why you are ill now. The other problems can be put right without recourse to this ludicrous action.

4 likes

The endo did not tell me how long I needed to be off it, I really think I need it due to symptoms.

1 like

It cannot be right to stop your thyroid treatment in this way. The actual act of stopping will affect the results of the tests you have been taking, making them useless for assessing you when in therapy.

3 likes

Results before stopping showed I was underactive

1 like

You are new .Diogenes is a scientist involved in thyroid research not just another sufferer. What he says you should act on.You should not stop levo .Pist all your blood results and vit results with ranges for more advice.

1 like

You may also like...