Thyroid UK
82,922 members97,961 posts

Where can I get my Liothyronine prescription?

Hi,

I finally got a prescription for T3 today but now need to know where to get it. I have a prescription for both 20 mcg and 25 mcg as different countries prescribe different amounts apparently. If anyone has a straight forward method of acquiring it, please could you private message me?

Sorry, I know many people ask this question!

Thank you.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Emily78,

You can use the 20mcg prescription at your local pharmacy but 28 x 20mcg tablets will cost £258+. You can also use your 20mcg prescription to obtain 20mcg Thybon Liothyronine from Germany via versandapo.de/en/0/7498960/...

You could ask your local pharmacy whether they can obtain Sanofi Cynomel 25mcg from France or you can order it from the online pharmacies in thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/treatm...

2 likes

Thanks Clutter. I have decided to use the German pharmacy and have mailed my prescription by post as they wouldn't accept a scanned copy. Just wondering if there will be an issue with it though as the prescription states '1 month x 20mcg' to repeat for 4 months. If they only sell boxes of 100, will they still prescribe to me do you know? Thanks again.

Emily78,

Doesn't the prescription say you are to take 1 x 20mcg daily or 2 x 20mcg daily? If not how will any pharmacist know how much to prescribe for 1 month or 4 months?

Sorry yes it says '20mcg daily' for 1 month, repeat for 4 months!

Emily78,

I don't know how Versandapo.de will respond to that. I work that out to be around 120 tablets over 4 months. Perhaps they will send 1 packet x 100 x 20mcg.

You may also like...