Can I get my results translated please?

Hi, I have just received my recent blood results and need to know what it means please. I am now on 150 mcg of Levo, I want to go on to Armour, but the Endo want to put me back down onto 125 mcg, but I and just about getting out of bed with 150 mcg of Levo. The Endo stated that if I go onto Armour myself, I will need to take 90 mg. Please state what you think.

Date - 07-16, TSH - 0.22, FT4 - 20.00, FT3 - 3.70, Weight - 81.00, BMI - 29.39

Date - 06-16, TSH - 19.65, FT4 - 6.00, Nothing, Weight - 81.70, BMI - 29.65

Date - 03-16, TSH - 0.06, FT4 - 18.40, Nothing, Weight - 79.50, BMI - 28.85

Date - 11.15, TSH - 0.12, FT4 - 17.00, Nothing, Weight - 79.90, BMI - 29.00

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • 60mg Armour contains 38mcg T4 and 9mcg T3.

This is equivalent to 38 + 27 = 65mcg Levo.

To equal 150 mcg levo you would need approximately 2.5 x 60mg Armour.

But if you've never taken any form of T3 before I would start on a lower dose than that and build up.

Some links on how to transition from T4 to NDT :

stopthethyroidmadness.com/n...

tpauk.com/main/article/how-...

thyrophoenix.com/adjusting_...

Please note that although T4 is taken once a day, people usually split dose 2 or 3 times a day with NDT.

• Thank you.

• Michy1,

I suspect your endo may have wanted to reduce Levothyroxine to 125mcg because TSH 0.22 is usually below range. Your FT3 appears low (so far as I can tell without lab ref ranges - the figures in brackets after your results), so I don't think you are over medicated. I think your endo has under estimated the Levothyroxine to Armour dose as Humanbean has pointed out.

I would advise reducing Levothyroxine to 75mcg and starting 1 grain Armour 60-65mg). After 2 weeks reduce Levothyroxine by 37.5mcg and raise Armour by 1/2 grain. Ditto 2 weeks later. Hold at 2 or 2.5 grains for six to eight weeks and have a thyroid test including FT3 before increasing further. TSH is likely to be suppressed <0.1 and FT4 will usually drop but FT3 should rise to ideally the top third of range.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thank you for that, I just got to find the best price to get the Armour and also find a Private Dr to do the prescriptions.

• Michy1,

Armour is the most expensive brand. NatureThroid, WP and Erfa are more affordable and are available on private prescription.

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/treatm...

• Thanks again.

You may also like...