Thyroid UK
82,950 members97,983 posts

Changing to Thyroid S from Levothyroxine

Hi I'm new Here and I am looking for some help and found your forum when I was trying to research Thyroid S. I have hypothyroidism. I have been on levothyroxine for 10 years with never really feeling 100%. I now work for a Acupuncturist and after going over my bloodwork he recommended Thyroid S. I have been trying to go the all natural way at least as best I can. Has anyone here switched from Levothyroxine to Thyroid S and how did you feel and do you see better results. And where would be the best site to get in from. I don't want to get the wrong thing. Any information will be appreciated. Thank You

7 Replies
oldestnewest

People will need to private message you with their Thyroid S sources in accordance with the forum rules.

Out of interest, what dosage of levothyroxine are you currently on, and what are your blood test results?

2 likes

It made me worse. Would be better to post your test results for comments before trying NDT .

I swapped from levothyroxine to thyroids. I did it very gradually swapping 25mcg for 1/4 grain ThyroidS using the Thyroid Patient Advocacy Guide

tpauk.com/main/article/trea...

I started to feel better within 3 days of just 1/4 grain and slowly improved with each increase until I had swapped over and felt like my old self again. I had to split the dose as advised on the guide or I felt strange. Some people do a straight swap but that would have been too much for me and I had heart problems due to being left undiagnosed with hypothyrodism for decades, so had to go carefully with the T3. I get a lot less heart pains on NDT which were at their worst on Levothyroxine. Hope that helps

2 likes

I swapped from Levo to NDT Thyroid s just over 15 months ago. I felt very ill on Levo and had very bad pains as well. I started on 1/2 a grain and increased by another 1/2 after two weeks and so on. It does take time but it's well worth the effort. I made the swap by stopping the Levo and taking the 1/2 grain Thyroid s the very next day.

1 like

Msjulessmith,

If you post your recent thyroid results and ranges and say what dose Levothyroxine you are taking members will guide you how to transition to Thyroid-S.

1 like

Hi

Thyroid s has helped me.iwas on 125 of levo for 2 years and. Never got any

Better.maybe 1 good day a week.stopped levo for 2 months after talking to

Dr. Started slowly on s as you should do.the first 3 months were a lot better,I would say 80 percent better.tsh went down to 0.48 from 4.07. The next 2 months I got a little bit sloppy and not taking regular doses, I was taking thyroid s daily but sometimes not enough,probably because I felt a lot better .

Next blood test went up to tsh 4.25 .i don't know if my body has got used to the s but I've have upped to three 60 mg a day and being strict on daily doses.will have another blood test done after 2 months to see what's happening. definitely get blood tests regularly.

Good luck to you and I hope it works if you go down that road

Thank you. I will my Dr/ boss said he would monitor it for me.

You may also like...