Thyroid UK
91,711 members106,017 posts

Slight return of symptoms

After enjoying a full return to health in July, I have lately been noticing a bit of tiredness and less joyfulness, skin a bit drier but also feeling a bit hyper not sleeping or winding down easily and shakiness. I did a blood test and this explains the symptoms but I don't know what to do to get things back on track. Any suggestions?

Tsh 0.03 (0.27-4.2)

Free T4 10.4 (12-22)

Free T3 4.6 (3.1-6.8)

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Lack of sunlight has a big effect into the autumn. Do you take vitamin D or know your levels?

We also experience a lowering of cortisol as this is reactive to light. So less light means lower cortisol.

Then we have the lowering of temps and so often a bit more medication is needed.

Your FT4 is very low at bottom of the range. What meds do you take.

A possible first action would be a 25mcg T4 increase per day plus dome vitamin D.

I was taking vit D as it was low in April but last test in August it was mid range so I have let it slide. You're right, could be needing it again now. Thanks

Shanza

What do you call mid-range for Vit D?

The recommended level is 100-150nmol/L according to the Vit D Council. And now it's winter we're not making natural Vit D from the sun so most of need to supplement from about October to April.

Don't forget that Vit D has important cofactors that are needed when we supplement vitamindcouncil.org/about-v...

You may also like...