Thyroid results

Hi I lost my login GP stopped my levothyroxine and only TSH is below range so what do I do next please diagnosed 2011 and was taking 150mcg levothyroxine but was taking 150mcg levothyroxine and 20mcg t3 before that and I left 24 hours for levothyroxine and 12 hours for t3 and I fasted and had bloods done first thing thankyou

healthunlocked.com/thyroidu...

TSH 0.03 (0.2 - 4.2)

FREE T4 20.4 (12 - 22)

FREE T3 3.2 (3.1 - 6.8)

TPO ANTIBODY >1300 (<34)

TG ANTIBODY 256.3 (<115)

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • symptoms list if relevant

hair loss

tired and wired

muscle cramps

goitre

difficulty swallowing

dry mouth

cramps

constipation

feeling cold

sweating

cold hands and feet

flaky nails

heavy feeling in eyes and eyelids

depression

anxiety

hair loss

heavy and irregular periods

muscle spasms

pins and needles in feet and legs

breathlessness

losing eyelashes

• You were NOT over medicated just because of low TSH. FT4 is within range and FT3 is low

Your high antibodies confirm you have Hashimoto's

Hashimoto's very often affects the gut, leading to low stomach acid, low vitamin levels and leaky gut.

Low vitamins that affect thyroid are vitamin D, folate, ferritin and B12. Important to test these.

If they are too low they stop Thyroid hormones working.

Have these been tested, if not ask that they are. Always get actual results and ranges.

As you have Hashimoto's then hidden food intolerances may be causing issues, most common by far is gluten. Changing to a strictly gluten free diet may help reduce symptoms. Very, very many of us here find it really helps and can slowly lower antibodies.

thyroidpharmacist.com/artic...

amymyersmd.com/2017/02/3-im...

chriskresser.com/why-changi...

scdlifestyle.com/2014/08/th...

Low stomach acid can be an issue

Lots of posts on here about how to improve with Apple cider vinegar or Betaine HCL

Other things to help heal gut lining

Bone broth

Probiotics

carolinasthyroidinstitute.c...

If you can't get full thyroid and vitamin testing from GP

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin...

Medichecks Thyroid plus ultra vitamin or Blue Horizon Thyroid plus eleven are the most popular choice. DIY finger prick test or option to pay extra for private blood draw. Both companies often have money off offers.

All thyroid tests should be done as early as possible in morning and fasting and don't take Levo in the 24 hours prior to test, delay and take straight after.

• your TSH was fine

Freet4 also fine

Freet3 way too low

this indicates that

ferritin

folate

b12

vit d3

are less than halfway in their ranges as this is the vital bit needed for T4 to convert to T3

You may also like...