Thyroid UK
84,247 members99,259 posts

Dr peatfield

Hi I am looking to see dr peatfield privately. I was wondering if I require medication for high thyroid antibodies how would I do about getting the medication does my GP prescribe as I know dr Peatfield doesn't prescribe.

Also does anyone know of anyone you can see privately for potential hashimotos and all the symptoms in the north west of England

Thank you in advance

4 Replies

What sort of medication did you have in mind?


I don't think your GP will prescribe if your TSH is too low to be diagnosed. Dr Peatfield cannot as he is no longer licenced.

High antibodies are not reduced by medication but they can be helped by changing diet to gluten-free method which has helped members reduce the attack of the antibodies on their thyroid gland.

I don't think any doctors bother about high antibodies. I believe they'd wait till you became hypothyroid (this is my own opinion) by observing your TSH alone.

In the UK doctors are required to only prescribe levothyroxine if the TSH reaches 10. In the USA we'd get a prescription when TSH is 3+.

If you email she has a list of sympathetic doctors and I'd have blood test results with the ranges to take with me.

If you have thyroid antibodies you have an Autoimmune Thyroid Disease.

I think the following link may interest you.

1 like

Hi there I saw dr peat field he didn’t recommend any medication via the go just these ones from a private company at 50 quid a pop for them I soon stopped. My go wouldn’t prescribe thyroxin as it’s against there policy it’s a case of waiting for my tosh to go below normal limits then I will be treated. I had high antibodies and my cortisol was high. The meds he prescribed were more supliments


I have an appointment next Thursday. His secretary sends you out a load of forms to fill in. He will recommend what he thinks you need - apparently goes down the herbal route first and has a few things he’s allowed to ‘prescribe’. You may need to self source if so. Maybe get your appointment then post what you need on here after and we can help?


You may also like...