Are parabens in ThyroidS safe?

I've recently increased my ThyroidS because latest TSH results were 28.5. So I'm increasing from 1 to 2. However, I noticed fillers used in ThyroidS contain Methyl paraben and Propyl paraben stopthethyroidmadness.com/a...

A recent study found that hypothyroid patients should avoid parabens like the plague. Are parabens cacenogenic?

thyroidpharmacist.com/artic...

Can anyone recommend a safer NDT with online without prescription? My GP refuses to assist.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • "Are parabens carcenogenic?"

Lots of links that come up when you Google say they are.

If you can cope with a block of text, here is a report from PubMed

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/191...

From what I understand, a lot of people do well on Thyroid-S, it seems a shame it has so many unwanted ingredients in it.

• Thank you SeasideSusie

This article indicates that these parabens are safe-ish. Poor animals though 😢

Methylparaben was noncarcinogenic when injected subcutaneously in mice or rats, or when administered intravaginally in rats, and was not cocarcinogenic when injected subcutaneously in mice.

Propylparaben was noncarcinogenic in a study of transplacental carcinogenesis. Methylparaben was nonteratogenic in rabbits, rats, mice, and hamsters, and Ethylparaben was nonteratogenic in rats.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1...

You may also like...