Related Liver Problem?

I was diagnosed hypo in Feb and have been on 50mcg levo since end March (increased from 25 at first blood test). I have just had another blood test and GP has referred me for a liver scan as my Liver Function Test revealed that ALT is high. GP said I should stop drinking altogether (would say I was a moderate drinker but drinking more than recommended 14 units a week). Could there be a connection between the thyroid and liver problem? When I asked about my thyroid meds she said they didn't need to be increased and to stay on 50mcg with a retest in three months. A couple of weeks ago I had a whole weekend where I could hardly function for fatigue and had to spend most of the time in bed sleeping. Sorry if the above is a bit rambling but I'm confused - thyroid was the main problem as far as I was aware and this now seems to be insignificant to my GP!

Skip

Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • JenniferTh,

Can you post your recent thyroid results and ranges? Undiagnosed and undertreated hypothyroidism can raise liver enzymes.

labtestsonline.org.uk/under...

google.co.uk/search?q=ALT+i...

• Hi Clutter

Was advised by GP on phone so plan to collect a print out of results Monday am and will post then - thanks

You may also like...