ACV with Mother acid taste

Good morning

I started taking ACV with Mother yesterday. I have watered it down with water as per instructions and drank it through a straw. I have also cleaned my teeth after drinking it. Despite this, today I have a dreadful acid taste in my mouth and even wonder if there is an acid smell.

Is this normal and will this taste go the more I use it?

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The taste will diminish and it is a strong Acid but it will benefit your stomach. I don't think others wll smell the acid and many hypothyroid patients do use ACV.

  • Thank you shaws

  • Megluka How much ACV did you use? It's probably best to start with a small amount, say a teaspoonful, and gradually work up to about a tablespoonful eventually​. Did you use honey to sweeten the water and mask the taste?

  • I used 2 teaspoons in about 8 fluid ounces of water. I didn't need to mask the taste as I was able to drink it straight down. It was just the taste of the acid this morning....

    I also started my B12, B complex and folates supplements yesterday as well. Fours hours later....lime green urine!

  • Megluka It's B2, Riboflavin, in the B Complex that causes neon urine, it's not a problem.

    It's not a good idea to start everything together. You should start with one, leave it a week or two, if no reaction then add the second one, leave it a week or two, etc. That way if any reaction occurs you will know what caused it.

  • I think you've started on too high a dose of vinegar. Go down to half a teaspoon in rather less water. Try that for a few days then go up another 1/2 teaspoon. Don't drink it straight down, drink some before your meal and sip the rest during your meal.

  • Good idea...mustn't run before I can walk eh?

  • I have also cleaned my teeth after drinking it.

    Not a good idea. Don't clean your teeth, just rinse a lot with plain water. This advice also applies to eating apples and oranges or any other acidic fruit. Acid softens the enamel of the teeth. I think (wouldn't swear to it), that lots of plain water to rinse and then just normal saliva will harden up the enamel again after a while. If teeth are brushed while the enamel is soft it will get brushed away eventually.

    According to this page : dentalhealth.org/tell-me-ab...

    (Be aware it is a commercial site.)

    Eating and drinking foods containing sugar and acids naturally weakens the enamel on your teeth. Brushing straight afterwards can cause tiny particles of enamel to be brushed away. It is best not to brush your teeth until at least one hour after eating.

You may also like...