TSH is dropping, am I relapsing?

I've just been for a check up this week because I've been suffering with really bad heart flutters/palpitations for the past couple of weeks. I had an ECG and a blood test on Wednesday and the results have come back "Normal, no action". However, I don't feel normal and judging by my results I think I'm relapsing to overactive again.

TSH 0.5

FT3 5.4

FT4 15

I have an appointment with my Endo in 3 weeks. Thankfully, the heart palpitations have calmed down but I still get them and it's not very pleasant when I'm sitting at work and it's skipping a beat all of the time :(

Looking at my results, my TSH has dropped from 0.7 back in January to 0.5...is this the sign that I am heading back to overactive territory again?

Any advice would be great, thanks!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • RhubarbandCustard,

Were the blood tests done at the same time of day? TSH fluctuates throughout the day and night. Have FT4 and FT3 risen as well as TSH dropping?

• They were both done in the morning. My FT4 and FT3 have remained the same.

• RhubarbandCustard,

Symptoms usually precede abnormal bloods so you should keep an eye on your thyroid levels for the next few months and, of course, tell your endo how you feel.

• I certainly will, I can think of no other reason for the palpitations. I suffered terribly before I was diagnosed and put on beta blockers. Thanks for replying :)

• I had palpitations before being diagnosed and afterwards on levothyroxine. Once I stopped levo and took T3 only, I've not had palps since, nor trips in ambulance and ECGs etc in hospital.

Maybe try an anti-histamine 1 hour before your next dose of levo. If you don't have palps, try another levo as it may be the fillers/binders in that levo which is affecting you.

• TSH can become irrelevent when at low levels.

You may also like...