Thyroid Function

TSH 1.34 0.27 - 4.20 IU/L

T4 Total 90.1 64.5 - 142.0 nmol/L

Free T4 14.97 12 - 22 pmol/L

Free T3 5.53 3.1 - 6.8 pmol/L

Immunology

Anti-Thyroidperoxidase abs 7.8 <34 kIU/L

Anti-Thyroglobulin Abs <10 <115 kU/L

I am struggling to get a diagnosis but have so many symptoms of hypothyroidism. I have had a private test done - results above - everything came back in the normal range. Can anyone see anything in these results that I should report to my doctor?

Many Thanks x

Sal

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The ratio FT4 to FT3 suggests that thyroid is ok. Is B12 at its upper limit of range and ferritin, D and folate not below halfway of their rages? Corsol tested?

See drive.google.com/open?id=0B...

• These are all the results I have. Maybe I should get tested for those too?

• Was it Blue Horizon "eleven plus" (£99) that included these among others ... GP's maybe not interested ...

First wait and maybe tomorrow a new post if needed

• yes it was Blue Horizon but the six plus

• T3 is the active thyroid hormone which controls the metabolism and therefore the symptoms. Your Free T3 is in the top part of the normal range, which is good, so you should not have hypothyroid symptoms.

As you are still having what appear to be hypothyroid symptoms, one possible cause is a genetic condition commonly known as Thyroid Hormone Resistance. It causes hypothyroid symptoms and requires very high T3 levels (often above the top of the normal range) in the body to overcome the resistance.

As it is genetic there may be others in your family with thyroid or other health issues, which would support this possibility.

You may also like...