Hi guys.. I finally was able to get my labs.
Labs 08/29/2016 9:12 am My last dose was taking 24 hs before the Lab. I was on 1 grain of NDT + 12.5mg T3 + T4 (levothyroxine) 50 mg
TSH: 0.01 0.40-4.50 mIU/L
FT4= 0.9 0.8-1.8 ng/dL
FT3= 3.5 2.3-4.2 pg/mL
Cortisol (bloodwork)= 10.4 mcg/dL
8.10 am 4.6-20.6 mcg/dL
4-6 pm 1.8-13.6 mcg/dL
PROLACTINE: 5.2 2.0-18.0 ng/mL
MEDICINE: NDT 1 grain + T4 (levothyroxine) 50mg + T3 12.5 mg
Hi, my Endo thinks I am hyper because my low tsh (0.01 L). He said I am Hypo as a basis but now I am hyper because he thinks I am taking "too much" medicine,so that's why he wanted to "reduce" my current levo T4 50 mg to 25 mg. I don't know how he can say that when my T4 is on 0.9 and normally to raise it up I would have to add even more NDT. However, I hate to say it but, I'm starting to believe him since I am getting shaking hands and my 3 pm basal temp is 98.9, so don't know what to do.
1) I have shown consistently a low FT4 even with the next dosages:
- 03/29/2016 2 grains NDT + T3 25 mg = FT4 0.8 range: 0.8-1.8 ng/dL ; FT3 4.1 range: 2.3-4.2 pg/mL
- 05/11/2016 3 grains NDT + T3 25 mg + T4 (levo) 50 mg = FT4: 0.9 0.8-1.8 (ng/dL) ; FT3: 5.3 High 2.3-4.2 (pg/mL)
- 07/06/2016 3 grains NDT + T3 25 mg + T4 (levo) 50 mg= T4 (NOT FT4) = 5.2 4.5-12.0 (mcg/dL)
- 08/29/2016 1 grain NDT + T3 12.5 mg + T4 (levo) 50 mg = FT4= 0.9 0.8-1.8 ng/dL ; FT3= 3.5 2.3-4.2 pg/mL
My FT3 is finally getting stabilized but my FT4 is still stubborn even with a high NDT dose. Should I raise it then to 4 grains?? Any thoughts?
2) I know the more accurate cortisol labs are the saliva ones but, he also said my cortisol levels were "good", but, shouldn't be them almost at the top of the range in the AM?