Help with Thiroyd (Thai) dose

Hi All - I have just received my Thiroyd from Thailand, it says each tablet is 60mg.

I'm just not sure how much to take & whether to start low & build up - some people seem to be diving tablets. I am currently taking 100mcg of Levothyroxine.

My private blood test showed TSH 2.75 (but it swings between that and 4.75), High reverse T3 & high Anti-Tgb & I feel undereducated but my GP won't up my dose of Levo so I'm trying other things!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Raucous,

You are under medicated to have TSH 2.75 on 100mcg.

1 grain (60mg) is equivalent to 75mcg. You could start at 1 grain and increase by 1/2 grain (30mg) at 2 week intervals. Hold at 2 grains and have a thyroid test, including FT3, before increasing further. You can order thyroid tests from Blue Horizon and Genova via thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin...

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thanks clutter - I hadn't realised 1grain was equivalent to 60mg so that's helpful. Do you know if I should take it morn/eve and at same time as my Levo or not?

Is it ok to keep taking the Levo?

I know I'm definitely undereducated but I specifically asked to try higher dose and my doc said no!

• Raucous,

While you're transitioning from Levothyroxine to NDT it is fine to take them together. I've suggested above how to transition. Most people split NDT into 2 doses. Try morning and bedtime.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Start low and build up over a few weeks DO NOT do a direct swap It rarely works.

You may also like...