Study on Fibromyalgia

Some months ago I joined the facebook page 'Magnesium Advocacy Group' very enlightening and surprising, especially about D3.....

This study was mentioned on the site - entitled

Fibromyalgia Linked to Deficiencies in RBC Magnesium, IGF-1.

As far as I am aware, in UK RBC Mag tests are only available privately, although not that expensive....

I personally don't have Fibro, but know many who post here do.

17 Replies

• Many moons ago I posted on the Fibro Forum about the wonders of Magnesium and had my wings well and truly clipped :-( I soon left the forum as any suggestions Fibro could be connected to Low VitD - Thyroid - Low B12 - Low magnesium - or anything else that needed to be excluded - were rebuffed and I was sent on my way with a Fluffy Hug.

I was once diagnosed with Fibromyalgia by a Consultant Rheumatologist back in 2000 and Hashimotos in 2005. Optimal thyroid and vitamin treatment seems to have sorted that :-)

• Yes, I once made the mistake of talking about vitamins on the FA forum, and got told, in no uncertain terms, that I would be 'better off' on TUK!

• In the words of Catherine Tate 'How very dare they'. Leave our goose and Marz alone please. They know their stuff x

• lol They do not appreciate our value! But, I will not be going back there, you can count on that!

• I don't blame you greygoose, they are not worthy anyway x Stay with us we value you x

• I will, Mango, I will. :)

• Hear, hear!

• I remember well Marz, also vitamin D also was rebuffed, yet now is being talked about.

• Do hope you are keeping them up to speed Coastwalker :-) x

• Daren't M. :)

• I find it bizarre that they are so closed minded on the Fibro forum. However, as a former carer I am convinced that there are some people who just don't want to get well. They would rather have the sympathy and attention the illness brings. Sad.

• I think you have a point. However many of them are on a cocktail of very serious painkillers - which must prevent them from doing any research or anything to help themselves. Not all of them of course.

• Why then would the fibro site be so closed minded?

• No idea - I am not going back to find out either !!

• Really agree with your comment. Always amazes me how many people seem to love their illness. Find it rather sad that it is their way of getting noticed and I know there are exceptions but I find it mainly men who like being "babied". Some of them are eternal children and always crave MUM

• Ain't that the truth!

• The book "the magnesium miracle" well worth reading.....though it is not aimed at thyroid or fibro.

Magnesium, Vit d and going gluten free are the three things that have helped me the most. Plus a good and constant level of Levo.

My gastroenterologist was pleased to see I am taking magnesium and selenium.

You may also like...