Bizarre labs - help needed please

Dear all

I had labs done at my local GP two weeks ago

The reason being was using a bad batch of HC which meant I had effectively come off HC cold turkey after a year on 30mg

These were the results on 175mcg Levo

Cortisol 412

Tsh 4.7

Ft4 20 12-22

Ft3 4.4 3-6.5

My previous bloods on 150 Levo

TSH 1.74

T4 12.1 (9-23) mid range 16

T3 3.9 (2.5-5.7) mid range 4.45

Vit D 57

How is it possible that TSH has gone up as well as the ft4 and FT3 ?

Really confused - thanks for any feedback

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm sorry you've had no answers, Stuartwwhouse.

I'm afraid I don't know whether or not stopping HC is likely to affect your TSH. FT4 is close to top of range so I wouldn't increase dose but I would retest in 6 weeks to see what's happening.

VitD 57 is suboptimal. Replete is 75-200 and most members are comfortable around 100. Supplement 5,000iu daily for 6-8 weeks and then reduce to 5,000iu alternate days. Take vitamin D 4 hours away from Levothyroxine.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thank you for your response Clutter

I can't find any literature that corresponds with these bloods so I can only assume stopping HC abruptly has had some effect on the HPA axis and TSH , I shall follow your advice and retest at the end of the month

I certainly don't feel like my TSH is that high so must assume it's artificially elevated due to some adjustments in my body

You may also like...