Feeling much better since I switched to only T3 from NDT. Is my T4 out of my system by now?

I wasn't well on NDT so several weeks ago I decided to switch to T3 only I ordered from Greece . I can tell that I really feel the difference for the better. I am on 75 mcg of T3 and I was just thinking did my T4 cleared by now or I should still wait for this to happen and will I be feeling a bit hyper when it happens? Thanks.

25 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Peanut5, most of the T4 will be out of your system after 5 weeks but it will probably take up to 8 weeks for it all to have cleared. You should have a FT3 test 6-8 weeks after starting T3 to check FT3 remains within range.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thank you. I wasn't sure how long it lasts. If 8 week should be tops, still have time until then.

• Hi, just wanted to say I was on 2 1/2 grains NDT, but I only need 40 mcg of T3 I Just go by how I feel. Seems so less complicated than all I've tried.

Feel smashing. Best ever.

Xx

• Yes, I guess we don't have much use of T4 in NDT but if we look at conversion charts they tell us how much NDT will be in only T3 ideally - if we are converting T4 properly, but if we are not than we need less of T3 when we switch to it. I still don't know what will be my optimal dose of T3, I still wait for my T4 to clear and then I will see. I do feel much better already, so that's the main thing :)

• May I ask you how are you dosing your T3 alone? All in one go or multi dosing during the day?

I take mine one dose of 5 mcg at 4 pm and another 5 mcg at night plus levo in the morning.

• I also take it through the day, I was doing the same thing with NDT so I just continued the same way with T3. So I take it 4 times a day, morning, noon, afternoon and small dose in the evening, don't know is this last necessary but it calms me down.

• Peanuts 5 could you PM me the site/ address where I can get T3 in Greece the one from the US is getting so expensive I don't know if I can continue to pay such prices.

Hope you can help.

• peanut5 sorry I spelled you your name wrong

• Don't worry Mariolin, I named myself after "Peanuts" after all :) Just sent you private message with the link where I ordered my T3 from Greece.

• can i ask what made you switch? I am on NDT and dont feel much better but wondering whether i need to try t3 or go gluten free!! confused...

• Well, after moderate initial improvement on NDT, I was somehow stuck, one day I was feeling more or less okay, but the next I was sick again. It was like that all the time. Sometimes in the same day I would feel better and then awful. And I wasn't going anywhere with that. I needed constant steady improvement. I think with T3 I will achieve this since i already feel much better and stable.

• Wow that's amazing. Can you pm me the site you buy from please? I'm currently on 5 grains per day and still not much better!

• Sent you PM.

• Thanks again peanut5 let you a brief pm.I hope you continue to feel the benefit of T3 only replacement.All good wishes

M

• Did you send me pm back? Sorry but I didn't get it.

• I wasn't feeling well on NDT as well. When I changed to only T3 it took around 4-5 weeks to get T4 out of the system, so it was quite fast in my case.

• Thanks. I am on T3 for a month now so will see how fast T4 will clear in my case.

• You will feel it.

• Peanut5, would you mind sending me a PM with information about your source of T3?

Thanks,

Cat

• PM'd :)

• Cannot thank you enough:-)

• Hi Dynel. I started to feel the difference on T3 within just a week or two. Got more energy and started to feel really good. Hope your condition will improve on T3 too.

• Glad to hear. Keep me informed :)

• Peanut5, could you PM me  your source of T3?

• Hi ribbon. Sent you PM.

You may also like...