I found the endo I was looking for - he exists! Helpful people on the phone told me I could have a 45 min consultation for £190 and then blood tests could be done more locally at the nearest nuffield centre clinic.
Now I have further q's...
1. Do I need a referral to get blood tests on the NHS?
2. If I do need a referral, how do I get them to refer me to the right person? (Endo is private)
3. What do I say to a GP? Do I walk in and say "hi can you sign me up to see this endo and get the NHS to pay for my blood tests?"! Clueless, seriously
4. What happens when you go to an endo? Am I supposed to ask questions, or do they ask me
5. How much is it likely to cost if I can't get it on the NHS? Blood tests cost £10-60 each and follow up appointments cost £120 so how many tests will they do...just because somebody might have done this and have a vague idea...?
Thank you such a lot, this whole thing is like swimming in treacle