Help with results please

Hi just had my blood test results and I was sure they would come back under medicated and they are as follows .. TSH 0.68 ( 0.27-4.2)

T4 17.6 (12-22) I did take my levo the morning before my blood test which was at 2.30 pm ! My gp won't do the FT3 so I have to pay biolab to find out ? My dear friend who has had thyroid issues for over 20 years said it could be that my T4 is not converting ? I have had a lot of stress and I believe this can hamper conversion ? I'm on 75mcg levo

Your thoughts would be appreciated just want my symptoms to go :(

Many thanks X

6 Replies

• Lynnwinn, you need a FT3 result to determine whether or not you have a conversion issue and because you are using a different lab it will be better to have TSH, FT4 and FT3 tested at the same time.

Levothyroxine can peak in the serum up to 6 hours after ingestion which can elevate FT4 which is why Levothyroxine should be taken after a blood draw.

TSH is highest early in the morning and low in the afternoon which is why early morning blood draw is recommended.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thank you so much :)

Just like my friend says these bloods are useless :(

Will repeat them all with bio lab and won't take my thyroxine thank you so much xxx

• Lynnwin, they're not useless but FT3 will show whether they're optimal.

• Thank you will have FT3 FT4 TSH done by biolab ... Is it true what I've read about stress that it affects the conversion from T4 to T3 ?

Thank you xxx

• Lynnwin, stress, illness, low vits and mins can all reduce conversion.

• Oh dear had plenty of stress :(

Had my b vits checked through biolab and my B1 B2 B6 were deficient the gp prescribed the vitamins but won't retest on the NHS so stupid when they prescribe the vitamins so I have to pay to retest :( I was having B12 injections but he has stopped them as my blood test for B12 was 2000 way over top off range !

I was taking Vit D but have not taken it since November maybe I should start again ? I have hashimotos and offton wonder if I get a flare up of antibodies ? .. I was hyperactive 11 years ago then the hospital got my thyroid back to normal then fine for 10 years until last March :(

I'm finding hypo worse than hyper

The indigestion and banging heart and body aches are the worst :( I also am a coeliac so two autoimmunes :( thank you for taking time to reply to me xxxxx

You may also like...