Hi! This is my story, thanks for reding and please if you can advice with the questions I have posted at the end. I was diagnosed with subclinical hypo in july 2013. TSH on 9, TPO in 11,5. TG in 20, started in 25 Levo. I was feeling fine, but had a very stressing time during a late 2013, and was put on benzos in jan 2014. I had my thyroids tested in regular checkouts and its started to show it was ok, then normal high, then ok. In august 2014 my results were TG 51,5 TPO 58,4, T4F 0,89, TSH 4.71. In oct 2014 my results were T4F 1,18, TSH 3,25. Doctor said i should stay in the same 25. After taking those tests, I was switched from clonazepam to diazepam, had a series of physical issues cns related for that change and (don't know if its related) my results were in dec. 8.7 Tsh, I was tested cause I felt unbearable coldness. So doctor told me to start in 50 levo. Checked mid february, Tsh was in 2.89. I decided to withdraw diazepam, as I felt ill on it (bad taste in the mouth, etc), and started with my doctor a taper that was a bit fast, and I felt very very ill during april, may, june due to the lowering of diazepam. My endo decided to wait until june to check again thyroids, as I was with anxiety because of the othe medication.Well, tests in june 2015 showed: TPO 65,2. (Range up to 60) TG 90.1 (range up to 60) Tsh 6.46 T4F 1.37. MY endo advised to upose to 100 levo only on weekends. Did it the first time and felt awful. So I talked to him, considering the issues I was having for benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome and told him if we could wait a couple of months to check again, without up dosing the levo and staying in 50.He agreed. So I got tested in august, and my TSH was in 4,81, my T4F in 1,36. My doctor thinks I should try again the up dosing on weekends. I think I should get tested again in november to see if things are returning to "normal" after the big crisis in my cns because of medication for anxiety. I am still in 50, and haven't up dosed in weekends, as I saw another doctor and she agreed that if my exam in august showed tsh almost in range, she agreed to wait to see the next checkout.
I don't feel any symptoms, rather than those caused from withdrawal.
Now, the questions:
1.- My doctor didn't consider necessary to check my antibodies again, after june 2015. On which frequent basis is ok to check them? (once a year? every three months?)
2.- I have read a lot about antibodies, that if present I no longer have subclinical hypo, but Hashimotos, but most literature speaks about high levels of antibodies. What are high levels??? Any level above the range?
3.- Can antibodies go back to normal?
4.- Is there any studies you may be aware of that may say the benzodiazepines can affect thyroids? As I said I have benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome, which lead me from every single symptom: I lost a lot of weight, nausea, daily panic attacks, derealization, intense nervous feeling, joints aching... all kinds of physical sensations for months, until getting just since august I started feeling more stabilized. Now I am still in diazepam, bu detoxing in a very slow way. (I had 20 mgs a day in Jan. In march I was in 10, which was a fast taper and led me to feel ill. Now I am in 2.5 mgs a day, and going down every day).
5.- Is there a way I can help my body through food?. Help, not cure.I have asked my endo but he says to stick to the levo and eat in a reasonable way. He hasn't said I should maybe have a gluten free diet or whatever.
Thanks again for reading, if you could help me with my doubts or some of them I would really appreciate it.