I've been waiting for a letter from the Dr since my last post.well it arrived today,my blood tests indicate hashimotos under active thyroid TPO 50> hypertension (spent the last 24hours hooked up to a monitor.)at one point my bp was210/108 pulse 78. and raised cholesterol also palpitations the kind that thump and them flutter madly. I'm currently not taking any medication despite the doctor wanting me to.I've asked the Drs for NDT and follow up monitoring.as I believe all these symptoms can be linked to under active thyroid and hashimotos disease and would be helped by taking that medication.I was told that they'd have to have a meeting this letter is the result of the meeting.
we have decided to seek advice from a Endocrinologist as to weather any further tests are required or would be recommended NH S treatment and relevant additional monitoring.
Currently it remains unlikely that we will prescribe NTD medication as it is unlicensed and you're thyroid tests currently fall within normal laboratory ranges. We will wait to hear from the endocrinologist team for now.
While I've been waiting I've started taking extra vitamin s and started a three month trial of gluten free. My plan is to have private bloods taken in 3months if I get no help from the doctors and if there's been no improvement ill start taking NDT privately.