levothyroxine and menopause

Hi do any ladies here know what vitamins/supplements are safe to take during menopause when you have a thyroid issue ..i am hypothyroid and take levothyroxine i saw a naturopath and was taking some supplements she suggested but they had soy in and some iodine and they caused my thyroid to go overactive i have also tried maca any help much appreciated im struggling here xx

6 Replies

• Katkin, basically anything without soy and iodine. All supplements should be taken 2 hours away from Levothyroxine except iron, calcium, vitamin D and oestrogen which should be taken 4 hours away.

• thanks clutter i cant find anything in the UK for menopause which doesn't contain either soy or iodine so i'm finding it very difficult.

• Katkin, hopefully other members will be able to advise. If not post another question asking for recommended menopause supplements w/out soy and iodine.

• I know nothing about supplements, but strongly advise caffeine free lifestyle with daily exercise as things that help most

• Hello katkinz 01 I have been on levothyroxine for 10 months I have been taking well woman 50 + for about 8 months . I did not realise there could be a problem .. I am also at that time in life. I can't see soy or iodine in the information.

• I take bio identical progesterone.

You may also like...