Can someone please point me toward guidelines for levo trial for subclinical Hashi's?

Hiya. Can someone please point me toward a really good link to treatment guidelines for people who are subclinical/tsh below 10? Someone in one of my fb groups has fertility problems and her tsh is around 5 and she's being refused treatment. I have this: thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/diagno... but I thought I remembered reading something more explicitly endorsing levo trial on an individual basis for people who have symptoms even when their results are normal-ish. Does that ring a bell? Could it be Dr Toft?

I have googled it but not finding what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance. :-)

Last edited by

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • PB,these are the NICE recommendations for s/c hypothyroid women planning conception or newly pregnant:

Aim for a TSH concentration in the low-normal range (0.4 mU/L to 2.0 mU/L) and an FT4 concentration in the upper reference range.

If there...

• Would your friend like to be invited to this group? If so, please consider this an invitation. :-)

• Thanks Rod. I don't know this lady outside the (only tangentially related) fb group we both belong to, but if she is interested I will extend an invitation. :-)

You may also like...