Hashis Pain in the Neck Part 2

Hi all

I posted a couple of weeks ago about how much better I felt but I was having the old neck pain symptoms again, hoarseness etc

My bloods finally reflected how much better I'd been feeling (TSH: 0.4 range 0.5-4.5, T4: 12, range 9-23

T3: 5.9, range 3.8-6.9) but the neck thing was annoying so seen the GP who is sending me for a thyroid US scan.

Since Monday my collarbone on my left side has been intermittently sore and is now today visibly swollen and has a large lump. I haven't twisted anything/pulled anything but maybe I'm rash to thing it's to do with the thyroid?

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any advice? I've been taking ibuprofen for about 2 weeks now but hasn't made much difference.

The whole thing is daily but not constant - the hoarseness comes and goes and so does the pain in the throat and neck :( xx

3 Replies

• I'm sorry you are having pain but am unable to answer and hopefully someone who has had a similar experience will be along soon.

I do hope you feel better quite quickly.

• Pennyrose, I think it is very likely to do with a Hashi flare and thyroid but lumps should be checked out and I would call your doctor and see whether she wants to examine the lump and possibly speed up the ultrasound scan.

• Thanks Clutter

Was away over the weekend so showed my husband last night who was a bit freaked out. It's like the whole collarbone on my left side is swollen up. I called the GP's who want to see me. Away again with work now so wont be seeing them till Friday. Will keep you posted. x

You may also like...