Log in
Thyroid UK
91,873 members106,143 posts

What to do next

I have posted this as a new question but would like to thank everyone for their help. What I now need to know is if I have Thyroid Peroxidose Antibodies does that mean I definately have Hashimoto thyroiditis. and if so what to do about it. does it require meds I find the sweating and depression the hardest things to cope with.Blue Horizon said there was a risk of developing autoimmune thyroiditis also any suggestions on a good endo would be helpful. thanks

3 Replies

I followed a health bulletin board for years on healing autoimmune conditions.



Anne, thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPOab) above range mean you already have autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimoto's) but it hasn't yet caused you to become clinically hypothyroid which is not diagnosed until TSH is >5 in the presence of TPOab. Your antibodies are only just above range but you have them. Gluten free diet can help reduce Hashimoto attacks on your thyroid gland and reduce antibodies.

Your FT3 is low and is probably the reason for your sweating and depression. You could try seeing whether another GP at the practice will prescribe a trial of Levothyroxine or you may have to consider self medicating.

Make sure to have your next blood test early in the morning when TSH is highest. TSH follows circadian rhythms and is lowest in the afternoon/evening.

This link advises how to get a diagnosis thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/diagno...


Thanks for that Clutter I will have a look at the link.


You may also like...