Hello Everybody, Is it ok just to take one dose of T3 if you want to use the Circadian T3 Method?

The reason I ask this is because I struggle to take 2.5mcg a day, so if the starting dose for the CT3M needs to be around 2.5mcg minimum and then smaller divided doses throughout the day - I am not going to be able to do that.

Thank you - any info would be greatly appreciated

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Please bear in mind that I have VERY limited knowledge of CT3M, but I understood the whole point to be that you spread the T3 throughout the day...

Hopefully someone with relevant personal experience will pop up! :)

L

x

• Hello Louise,

I have been taking 2.5mcg divided over 5 doses, but I can not even tolerate that, so If the minimum started dose has to be 2.5mcg then I am not going to be able to do the CT3M.

Best wishes

Debs

• There are 2 very different conditions, hypothyroid and Reduced Sensitivity to Thyroid Hormone/Thyroid Hormone Resistance and they require very different T3 usage.

For hypothyroid if taking only T3, it needs to be split into multiple doses, as a single dose would overstimulate. The equivalent of a physiological dose is normally the maximum required.

For Reduced Sensitivity to Thyroid Hormone/Thyroid Hormone Resistance a single dose works best. Because of the problem with the receptors etc a very high dose is normally required. My son takes 200 mcg daily and I know of others who take 300 mcg. This is the condition Dr Lowe had and it was Dr Lowe who developed the treatment of a single high dose of T3.

It is important to recognise your condition and use the right protocol.

• Hello Sandy,

I have tried both ways, and now I have had to come off T3 all together.

I was only taking 2.5mcg a day but it resulted in a particularly nasty symptom, but apart from that it was going ok. I can not tolerate any form of thyroid medication very well but T3 has the most benefit.

I did read about Dr Lowe saying low doses can cause problems but I just can't take anymore.

Best wishes

You may also like...