Some have been asking questions about the dangers of taking too much T4 eg by accident at one go. I'm told there have been suicide attempts by T4 overdosing and it doesn't work. Children have also swallowed their parent's pills without becoming ill. No-one has died from this, because L-T4 is well tolerated and probably the body's T4-T3 conversion shuts down to stop any problems. This is why T4 therapy has some advantages insofar as the body only makes the active hormone T3 that it needs. However of course longterm overtreatment by T4 is to be avoided because the body responds to it and gives you hyper symptoms. But swallowing the lot at once, not to be recommended but not fatal.
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.