What does this mean?

Hi.

I had some blood tests last week, and I asked them to run my thyroid tests again. I am currently on 250mg of levothyroxine.

My TSH is 2.2 in a range of 0.35 to 5.50. So that is fine.

Free thyroxine index is 19.5 in a range of 7.0 to 17.

I have several other health problems, and I am struggling to lose weight, well, even to want to lose weight. I am famished all the time.

Any help is very welcome.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, your TSH is a bit too high (preferrable under 1) and you are lacking a vital test of Free T3. You are taking a pretty hefty dose of levo, there might be a problem with convertion of T4 into T3.

• That was all the results I have. Thank you for your help.

• Yes, it does look like conversion problem T4 to T3, so definitely need your FT3 tested.

• I have just looked at my print out again, and there is also free trilodothyronine results. 5.2 the range is (3.5 to 6.5)

I had so many tests with several hi and low results.

• Sorry Muffy. Thanks for your help. I see the above result is my FT3.

• You might need a raise in your meds. Altho doctors now a days think that is a high one that you are on, years ago much higher doses were given to patients until their symptoms disappeared. They didn't have a tsh test then, doctors just went on signs and symptoms and raised the meds accordingly.

Jo xx

• Thanks Jo. I will try to get him to increase it, but it's doubtful he will x

You may also like...