blood test results

alkaline phosphotase 85 (140-150) albumin 35 (32-45) calcium 2.56 no range given calcium adjusted 2.70 (2.10-2.60) this is the second test for calcium 6 weeks ago it was 2.70 phosphate 1.32 (0.70-1.40) sodium 141 (135-145)potassium 4.0 (3.5-5.0) chloride 108(98-108) urea 4.7 (2.5-7.5) creatinine 58(40-130)estimated gfr >60(>>60) tsh <0.04(0.35-5.0 0) freTt4 19 (9-21) my results from 6 weeks ago are on another post any thoughts as my gp said nothing about these results and i thought i would ask the experts

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi It is the corrected calcium that matters and must always be in range, an electrolyte and other well known reasons, stones etc.If you are on vit D you must lower it, retest calcium, if still over range then stop the D, no matter what. Also you need an am test for 3 things, must be like that, PTH ( parathyroid), calcium ( corrected) and vit D. If all high or 2 high and D high for you. Then, you need a nuclear scan and CT scan of the PTH and also a thyroid ultra sound.

Best wishes,

Jackie

• Hi Jackie i have been to my gp this morning asking for retest of calcium and pth i was unaware about vit d test i am not on vit d only thing i take is armour 2 grains will get results tuesday maybe and i will post them on here many thanks for your reply

• Hi hector, No GP`s are not aware either that 3 should be done together, my Endo told me, I had to insist. If they are high, PTH and corrected calcium still, I would insist on the correct test. It is the only way to know about the PTH.Any way. it is important tp makr sure that your D is , if calcium becomes normal as D is hormonal and effects the thyroid, it is not really a vit, just wrongly named!

Best wishes,

Jackie

You may also like...